An Epic Finale | Champion


Publisher: Penguin
Release date: November 5, 2013
Genres: Action, Romance, Dystopian, YA
Pages: 369 
Source: Bought it
He is a Legend. 
She is a Prodigy. 

Who will be Champion?  

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.  

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.  

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion. 
Review:
 
WOW
one word
WOW

Can we all just sit back, take a deep breath, and enjoy a cup of tea preferably with a bar of chocolate because life is already perfect as it is with Marie Lu's best creation that is Champion?

I never thought it was possible for me to love a book as much as I love Catching Fire. And boy am I gonna tell you that I'm head over heels for Catching Fire. But, that's another story.
"You drive me insane, June," he murmurs against my hair. "You're the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can't catch my breath because I'm trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don't you?" I tilt my face up to see him. His eyes reflect the faint light from the JumboTrons, a rainbow of evening colors. "Billions of people willl come an go in this world," he says softly, "but there will never be another like you."
I mean, how could I not swoon while reading something like that?

There are a lot more tears and torture in this book that I literally could feel what June and Day are feeling throughout the whole book and could not possibly hold back my tears. I mean, we have enough of them as it is in the first and second book, but if you think nothing could get worse after that. Then, you're WRONG.

I really loved the book thoroughly back and forth. I finished it in like 5 hours (or maybe less, I couldn't remember) and after that I was busy quoting everything June said to Day and he she and I really regret that I didn't prepare any post-its sooner.

The relationship between June and Day got to its deepest depth in this book. In the first book, we got Day falling for June already while June wasn't completely sure about what she felt. In the second book, Day fell for June even harder (if that's even possible) and June realized she didn't want to lose this boy she met under unfortunate yet intriguing circumstances. While in this book, everything just fit together and there we have, another OTP to root for, like really really root for.

Champion is by far my favorite in the trilogy. You're gonna experience sadness, joy, hatred, shock, and everything you can imagine in one ride of a roller coaster.

Just make sure you prepare a box of tissues before reading because it's gonna be a rough journey.
But, it's actually worth it.
I mean, it's actually worth the pain ;)

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

No comments

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!