Should Have Been Only One Movie | Mockingjay Part 2


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Director: Francis Lawrence
Release date: November 20th, 2015
Casts: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth
Realizing the stakes are no longer just for survival, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) teams up with her closest friends, including Peeta (Josh Hutcherson), Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and Finnick for the ultimate mission. Together, they leave District 13 to liberate the citizens of war-torn Panem and assassinate President Snow, who's obsessed with destroying Katniss. What lies ahead are mortal traps, dangerous enemies and moral choices that will ultimately determine the future of millions.

I watched this movie 2 weeks ago and I didn't really have time to write a review back then because 2 days after watching this, I was gonna have 2 weeks full of exams.

So, here are my thoughts about the movie.

BEWARE! SPOILERS AHEAD!

(Don't say I didn't warn ya!)

  • What I liked the most about the movie was Peeta. Or, should I say, Josh Effing Hutcherson, for portraying hijacked Peeta so damn beautifully. There were parts where he was behaving normally, but a heartbeat later he snapped and went apeshit, and seriously, I tried so hard not to applaud in the theater for his acting skill.
  • Beware off the Love Triangle, everyone!  I mean, sure, I've read the book many times to know that the Love Triangle was obvious, but then again the movie made me want to puke. Especially that time when Gale and Katniss kissed (it was in the book, I can't exactly complain, but still)
  • The 'war' didn't really feel like a war. It was more like Katniss's squad trying to survive pods and booby traps while the Capitol just watched all from surveillance cameras while drinking teas and eating cookies. I mean, we're talking about the Capitol here, why don't they just drop an entire army full of reinforcements to combat face-to-face with the rebels? That would be hella rad.
  • EFFIE. AND. HAYMITCH. KISSED. Like, WTF!? In my 794032 times of reading the series, I've NEVER read or seen any hints of Effie and Haymitch having romantic feelings towards each other. NONE. So, why the hell did they put it in the movie? To make it more interesting? Nuh-uh. It doesn't work that way, people. I swear, it just got weirder and weirder towards the end.
  • After the war, things were okay, I liked how it stayed true to the book. The buttercup and Katniss's encounter was sad. JLaw was awesome in that part. And then there was also the 'You love me? Real or not real?' scene that made me swoon.
  • The epilogue was part satisfying and part disappointing. It was satisfying because after all the gloomy scenes we had to endure for 2 whole hours, we finally got to see something bright and happy. I thought I also saw some dandelions there. We got to see Peeta playing with his son! How cute was that! And, oh! Katniss talking to her baby! Whoa! But, the disappointing part was the fact that the children of Peeta and Katniss were both MALES! This was highly disappointing! I've been waiting for three, no, four years to see a brunette young girl and a blonde male toddler running around in a meadow. But, what did I get? A curly blonde boy and a baby boy! Ugh. (I heard that they were JLaw's nephews, so maybe that's why they were cast, but still.)
  • We got to hear to JLaw's singing (again)! There's no soundtracks for Mockingjay Part 2. Instead, we were given a full song sung by Jennifer Lawrence herself in the credits. And what is the song? You know, that song that she sang for Rue in the very first movie. Or, the so-called Rue's lullaby.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say.

What about you?

 What do you like or dislike in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2?

My rating:  ★ ★ ★ . 5

Reviewed by Inas

No comments

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!