Mean Girl Steals Your Diary | Tales From a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen


Tales From a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen by Rachel Renee Russell
Publisher: Aladdin
Release date: June 2nd, 2015
Genres: MG, Romance, Humor
Pages:  352
Source: Bought it
Nikki Maxwell's worst nightmare comes true in book nine of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dork Diaries series! 
A certain member of the CCP girls Dork fans know 
all about has gotten her hands on Nikki's diary and has decided to share some thoughts of her own. Find out what happens when Nikki's worst nightmare becomes a reality. Welcome to Mackenzie's world!!






Review:

For those who haven't heard of Dork Diaries, it is a story of a middle school girl who has a diary, and yup, you guess it right, we're going to read her diary. There are already 9 books in the series and each one consists of the events that happened for a month, with the exception of the 8th book, Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After, which only consists of the events that happened in a day. The first one, Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life, takes place in her first month of studying in Westchester Country Day Middle School. So, the 9th book tells us about the events that happened in the 8th month she studies in WCD, which is April since she enters WCD middle school on September. She enjoys her school life so much with the company of her two best friends, Chloe and Zoey, and also the presence of her cute and sweet crush, Brandon Roberts. 

In this book, we won't be just getting Nikki Maxwell's diary entries, we will also be getting Mackenzie's—Nikki's mortal enemy and the school's most popular girlbecause somehow, she's able to get her hands on Nikki's diary. Wow, what a nightmare. The fact that someone you hate the most reads diary is capable of sending chills went up your spine, isn't it?

I really liked the idea of getting our hands on the one and most obnoxious girl throughout the series, I mean, really, I wanted to know what's inside that twisted and evil mind of Mackenzie Hollister. Can she even read and write? Because all we know throughout the series is that she's capable of sashaying her way out of the class with a smug smile plastered on her face, especially after she does something horrible to Nikki. And boy was I very entertained! I liked how Mackenzie also draws on the diary, and, unfortunately, I have to say that she does have an artistic talent just like Nikki. By reading her diary entries, we get to know about her daily activities and her interactions with her parents and also the WICKED and EVIL plans she has up her sleeves. We get to see what she really thinks of Nikki and how much she loathes Nikki's guts. I just couldn't imagine anyone with minds more twisted and wicked than hers. But, I'll gladly say that I was very very entertained by her diary entries.

I also love how he's always shy, sweet, and also nice towards Nikki all the time, but he can also be pretty cool if he wants to. The drawing of him also increases the amount of love I have for him. Even though he and Nikki are having a cold-shoulder moment, not for the first time, though, he still tries his best to get their relationship back to normal and I just find it so adorkable.

The supportive characters also can't get any more entertaining. I literally laughed my head off every time Nikki's sister, Brianna Maxwell, does something so stupid without knowing it. Chloe and Zoey are also the best friends ever. They helped Nikki look for her diary for DAYS. They comfort Nikki when she feels down about her relationship with Brandon. Their occasional teasings, when Nikki is around Brandon, are also adorable. You just gotta love them.

My only gripe is probably Nikki herself.


While Tales From a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen isn't my favorite one throughout the series, I still find myself entertained with it. This series is just perfect for you to read if you're 9-15 years old, if you aren't, well, I'm a 16-year-old and I'll say I'm a huge fan of the series. It's filled with funny moments, very good graphics all throughout the book, and the romance is just so adorkable and sweet, you know, like the middle school kind of sweet. This is actually a Middle-Grade book, after all.

P.S. My only regret of buying this book is the fact that I bought this 25% more expensive than it actually costs. If only I'd been a little bit more patient and bought it from Periplus like usual I would be able to buy it much much cheaper.




My rating:  4 of 5 stars



Reviewed by Inas

No comments

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!