An Epic Finale | The Last Ever After


The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) by Soman Chainani
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release date: July 21st, 2015
Genres: Fantasy, MG, YA
Pages:  672
Source: Bought it
In the epic conclusion to Soman Chainani’s New York Times bestselling series, The School for Good and Evil, everything old is new again as Sophie and Agatha fight the past as well as the present to find the perfect end to their story.

As A World Without Princes closed, the end was written and former best friends Sophie and Agatha went their separate ways. Agatha was whisked back to Gavaldon with Tedros and Sophie stayed behind with the beautiful young School Master.

But as they settle into their new lives, their story begs to be re-written, and this time, theirs isn’t the only one. With the girls apart, Evil has taken over and the villains of the past have come back to change their tales and turn the world of Good and Evil upside down.

Readers around the world are eagerly awaiting the third book in The School for Good and Evil series, The Last Ever After. This extraordinary conclusion delivers more action, adventure, laughter, romance and fairy tale twists and turns than you could ever dream of!
 
Review:

I just bought this book last Sunday and I couldn't keep my hands off it ever since. I kept reading it in between classes and teachers' lectures (I know, my bad) and I'm proud to say that I probably just finished one of the most anticipated books of 2015.

I expected something better, way better than the second book (not that it was bad, it was awesome!) and oh boy did I get what I wanted! Seriously. This book is everything I thought it would be and it even surpassed my expectations. And believe me, I had lots of it regarding this book.

What I LOVED about this book:

-No bloody way you could ever imagine what was gonna happen. I'm talking about plot twists. PLOT TWISTS. PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE. Just as you thought you already got the hold of things, BAM! Something unexpected happened, again. And it would literally leave you jaw-dropped and grinning like an idiot at the genius of it all. So many things throughout the whole series suddenly made sense here and you're just gonna be like, oh. ohh.. OHH..! while cupping your mouth to prevent flies from flying in.

-Sophie was so badass and seriously cool in every imaginable way. You thought Sophie was cool in A World Without Princes? Well, think again. There's no way she could be any cooler than she was here. She took care of many things in such a mature way and sure, she still had that inner conflict whether she's Good or Evil so many times, but this time, it wasn't overwhelming nor confusing like in the first book. It was rather interesting to see how her mind and heart shifted constantly towards those two sides and questioning where her loyalty really lies. Seeing her with the School Master also didn't hurt at all. I liked how they were and I was seriously hardcore fangirling over them even though her being with the School Master literally means doom.

-The romance was swoon-worthy and adorable. There were two romances in this book. Tedros and Agatha. Sophie and School Master. Tedros and Agatha was one of those couples who constantly fight with each other but just couldn't stand to be apart for too long even if being close equals another quarrel. I adored them so much and before I knew it I have already bookmarked the pages where they did something silly and adorable together. Sophie and School Master was actually the couple I rooted the most. I know the School Master was a bad guy and we were supposed to hate them. But I couldn't. I found myself cheering him on and sighing when he did something sweet to Sophie. Sorry, not sorry. 

-It was so fast-paced and the action was so intense and everything was pure genius. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Literally. The war between Good and Evil was so vivid I felt like reading a Harry Potter book in another world. Reading this book, you'll realize that the previous installments were just pure genius in the making.

-The new characters were hilarious and entertaining. We got to meet many real fairytale heroes like in the stories we've known since kindergarten. Despite them being old, they still got that vibe around them that reflected the person they once were in the stories we knew. Not gonna spoil anything, but one of them was the master of magic thingy and constantly cracked me up.

-The secondary characters had their own moments of awesomeness and that's awesome. Remember Dot? Hester? Anadil? The coven? Yeah. They seriously kicked some ass and became way more hilarious than they were before. OH! REMEMBER HORT? He's changed so much and I was so proud of him. All the secondary characters were essential and no one got left behind. We got to know what happened to who and who and everybody kicked ass! YEAY!

-The ending. It was just perfection. I LOVED how open it was and it was very very satisfying. It made me realize that Sophie had gone so much to be the person she was and I was so proud of her. I felt like I was her best friend and I just wanted to hug her through the pages. It felt totally her and it also meant that happy endings don't always mean a princess and a prince running towards a sunset hand in hand. Being happy can also mean accepting yourself they way you are and embrace the beauty and love around you. The message of the book was just so well-written in the ending.

What I didn't like:

NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I ENJOYED EVERY PASSING MINUTE OF IT AND THERE WAS JUST NO PART THAT I DIDN'T ENJOY. JUST MENTION ANY PART AND I'LL PROUDLY SAY I LIKED IT.

In all, this really is an epic conclusion like the summary says. It isn't just epic, it's jaw-dropping, hilarious, astonishing, touching, and many other adjectives that I can't conjure up because there are just too many of them. If you expect something grand after the second book, you will surely get it in this book. And if you haven't read the series, I highly question your reason to live and seriously asking, pleading, begging you to buy and read them right at this moment.

A bonus gif to sum everything up:




My rating:  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Reviewed by Inas

2 comments

  1. I absolutely ADORED this conclusion as well, and your well-wrriten review perfectly summed up all my crazy feels! I am not ashamed to say I got a little choked up on that last line...
    *eyes get misty just remembering it*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much!
      I was literally grinning and tearing up by the time I finished it. I know right! Me too!

      Delete

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!