Fangirlish | Top Ten Fictional Guys

Welcome aboard to the list of the most reliable and irresistible guys in the history of fiction! 

I've wanted to write this post for so long! But then, I postponed it because I haven't read that many books yet, hence not having enough fictional guys to choose from. But now, I just can't wait any longer. I have to lash my inner fangirl out, or I'll burst!

Here we go!

10.Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)
First off, we have Captain Carswell Thorne right here. I adore him so much. He deserves a place on this list. But, then, why is he number ten? Well, The list says Reliable + Irresistible, doesn't it? Thorne might be so unfreakinbelievably irresistible with his goddamn good looks and sense of humor, but he wasn't that reliable at first. He was a thief, a criminal, a prisoner. Of course that means he wasn't reliable. But, in Cress, he proved himself reliable, faithful, and a nice companion through his journey across the desert with Cress. 

(I didn't know which one to use, the gif or the drawing, so I used both. They look similar, don't they?)

9. Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy/Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead)
Alert! Alert! A sexy, snarky, cocky, yet hilarious vampire is coming your way! Adrian Ivashkov is a person's imagination coming to life. In real life, people who are good-looking and also cocky are often come off as annoying as hell, but in books, especially when it comes to Adrian, he pulls it off. I know it must be some kind of violation because I'm writing this even though I haven't read the complete 12 books by Richelle Mead (so sorry). But then, just by reading half of the VA series, I know that Adrian is one helluva reliable + irresistible character. I love his adoration towards Rose and how he helps her even though he knows her feelings towards Dimitri. Adrian is the kind of guy who's kinda hard to get to know because he hides his true feelings under the snarky remarks and sarcasm, but once you do, he will protect you with all his might.

8. Aaron Warner (Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi)
Hey, you! Are you Team Warner? Yes? Same here! Well, I am a former Team Adam, though, I mean, who isn't? Aaron is irresistible from head to toe. He's perfect, yet he's flawed. He seems harsh and evil to others, yet he's soft and tender to Juliette.  He was there in literally seconds when Juliette needed him the most. I love how he's actually not the psycho he claims to be, but actually just a person who craves for love so deep it hurts him. He's hurt so badly all his life, and he might actually be on the top of this list if only he doesn't call Juliette with creepy pet names such as love and sweetheart. You know what? It reminds me of Haymitch Abernathy from The Hunger Games.

7. Kile Woodwork (The Heir by Kiera Cass)
Behold! A cute nerd who loves architecture and has a potential to create a childhood romance is coming your way! Well, not exactly childhood romance, actually. Since even though he and Eadlyn had known each other since in diapers, they never really talked before the Selection. But then, when they did, I loved how Kile was there for Eadlyn and how he actually cared for her even though he didn't really show it per say.

6. Kenji Kishimoto (Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi)
Oh god I love this picture on my side so damn much I don't even know why. It fits Kenji very perfectly. His humor, enthusiasm, and damn, his HOTNESS! He's one of those few guys in novels who's actually a secondary character, but manages to become people's favorite. I mean, even he's MY favorite character! I love his witty sense of humor and how he's such a good friend to Juliette. He's always able to make fun even the most terrifying and intense situation He's without a doubt the main reason for my bursts of laughter throughout the whole series.


5. Cricket Bell (Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins)
Ever heard of the term 'the boy next door'? I think that was specifically made for Cricket Bell. He fits everything you could expect from the boy next door. He's smart, cute, reliable, and HOT! Like, seriously HOT. He also likes to help with house chores (if you live next door). Your toaster just broke? He can fix it! Need help with lame boyfriend problems? He will jump across to your window and hug you tight like a good neighbor and supportive friend he is! Man, I would kill to have a neighbor like that. Unfortunately, those kinds of things just happen in novels, and of course, Taylor Swift's music videos.

4. Leo Valdez (Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan)
Look at the cosplay of  Leo Valdez I found on Pinterest! He's adorable, isn't he? I love how the cosplayer actually posed like Leo for selfies. I kept looking for decent selfie with normal facial expression, but found none. Guess the cosplayer really explored the role of Leo. Well, I put Leo on number four because he's not only HOT, like, literally HOT! I mean, he can create fire with his hands! And also, he's reliable. He always, always kept his promises. He *spoiler ahead* saved Calypso from Ogygia after swearing on River Styx. How romantic is that? Not only that, he's also very loyal to his friends and an amazing builder.

3. Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead)
Dimitri is a Dhampir. Half-human, half-vampire. He's a total major badass. He's widely known as the God. Basically, it's because he's a God in martial arts and the best Guardian in Vampire Academy world. You don't have to worry about getting hurt or kidnaped or any of that shit whenever he's around, because he'll just kick everybody's ass to save and protect you. His love interest is Rose Hathaway, the main character in the VA series. I love how badass and mature he is (well, because he really is a grown-up, like 20-something). But well, that's okay, I'm fine with that. Despite him being a senior Guardian and total badass, he turns out to be a reliable and romantic guy inside. Whew, totally not what I expected at all.

2. Joe Fontaine (The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson)
Joe is a super cool and hot guy with musical talent that (unfortunately) already has a girlfriend. WHYYYYY??? WHY CAN'T ALL FICTIONAL HOT GUYS BE LIKE KENJI AND HAS NO GIRLFRIEND OR LOVE INTEREST?? But, oh well, life isn't fair, especially for girls like me. Joe is also all sunshine and smiles. When he's playing musical instruments, all the girls swoon and the roofs get blown away (not literally, but you get what I mean). His is also a face anyone would kill for. He's also reliable (of course, why else would he be here?). In many cases, he helps Lennie all the time. He helps her family move their things out of the house, and he's like, super nice. To everyone. Without exception. Oh, He's also the reason I vow to myself to sign my future children to music lessons. Because they just have to be like him.

1. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
Any objection for the #1 Most Reliable and Most Irresistible Fictional Guy? No? Good. Because Peeta Mellark is the epitome of both words. He's down to earth, nice, kind, handsome, and all positive things thrown in one person. It's like when God Suzanne Collins created him she accidentally dumped a bucket full of perfection into him. He also loves Katniss no matter what, he's sweet and gentle and perfect. Just perfect.

How was it? Did any of the guys on the list disappoint you? If yes, then who do you think should be on the list? I'd like to read about them! Comment below!


Written by Inas

2 comments

  1. Peeta? Number 1? I disagree lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It's my list, anyway. Everyone has their own opinions. So, who do you think should be on no. 1 then?

      Delete

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!