Source: ARC in exchange of an honest review
Seventeen-year-old Krista must quickly figure out how she’s going to survive in the zombie-destroyed world. The one advantage humans have is that the zombies hate humid environments, so they’re migrating west to escape its deteriorating effects. The survivors plan to construct a wall at North Platte to keep the undead out, and Krista has come to Nebraska to start a new life.Zombies aren’t the only creatures she has to be cautious of—the other survivors have a dark side. Krista must fight not only to live but also to defend everything she holds dear—her country, her freedom, and ultimately, those she loves.Join Krista in her quest to survive in this thrilling apocalyptic novel by Pembroke Sinclair.
Guys? Who the hell cared about guys at this point in time?
Thank you Booktrope Publishing for providing me an ARC!
My rating: ★ ★ ★ . 5
Okay, then! Check this out!
What inspired you to write a book in a zombie apocalypse world?
Tell us about the main character, Krista, in twitter style (140 characters or less)
As we all know, there are many kinds of zombies out there in our fictional world (movies, books, etc). Can you spoil us a little bit about what kind of zombies that features in Life After The Undead? (For example, is it the zombies in World War Z, or The Walking Dead?)
What was the hardest and easiest thing about writing Life After The Undead?
What would be your first thing to do if you were in an actual zombie apocalypse?
In a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice and why?
Do you have a particular writing space where you like to write most, and can you show us a picture if you have one available?
What do you usually do in your free time?
I really, truly love Krista's character. She's mature, independent, and stays true to herself.Can you share some writing tips or pieces of advice to aspiring writers about creating great and believable characters?
There's a sequel, right? Can you tell us a little bit about Krista's next challenges and adventures? Honestly, I can't wait to read the next one!
- Seventeen-year-old Krista has already proven she can survive the zombie hordes.
- After moving to North Platte with her distant cousin General Liet to help build a wall that will keep the zombies in the West, it becomes apparent that the zombies aren’t the biggest threat—some survivors are far more dangerous than Krista had ever imagined.
- With the help of Quinn, a survivor and fighter from the zombie-infested wildlands of the West, they free the garrison at North Platte from the power-hungry Liet. But there is a bigger battle to fight.
- The Families who rule Florida and use intimidation and the threat of the zombie horde to coerce their territory want Krista and Quinn captured, the zombies want to devour them, and other survivors want them dead. Caught between powerful forces, will they survive long enough to devise a new plan and put it into action? Or will they self-destruct?
- Find out in book two of this thrilling apocalyptic series by author Pembroke Sinclair.
This or that
Thank you so much for letting me interview you, Pembroke!
Melanie said on 7 January 2016 at 17:01
Ooh yes you had me at zombies! I haven't read one since... well early last year with The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey, I believe!
Loved your review + interview!
Aldilla Yasmin Inas said on 7 January 2016 at 17:06
nooo!! I haven't read The Infinite Sea!
Thank you , though :D
Fauziah Syifa Salsabila said on 7 January 2016 at 21:27
i'm astonished with the interview! what a great job you've done there :D
PujP said on 8 January 2016 at 21:28
It's awesome you can interview the writer! ^^
Aldilla Yasmin Inas said on 9 January 2016 at 12:10
there'll be a giveaway of an ebook of this book VERY SOON!
Aldilla Yasmin Inas said on 9 January 2016 at 12:18
there'll be a giveaway real soon!
make sure you participate!